Data protection information
The controller responsible for the collection and processing of your personal data is the
Ministry for Children, Youth, Family, Equality, Refugees and Integration of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia
Völklinger Straße 4
You can contact the Data Protection Officer of the Ministry for Children, Youth, Family, Equality, Refugees and Integration of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the address:
Ministry for Children, Youth, Family, Equality, Refuge and Integration of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia
Data Protection Officer
Völklinger Straße 4
Telephone +49 (0) 211-873-2557
You have the following rights vis-à-vis us with regard to personal data concerning you:
- Right of access,
- Right to rectification or erasure,
- Right to restriction of processing,
- Right to object to processing.
Please contact those responsible for the content of the website by email via the mailbox email@example.com or in writing via the address given in the imprint.
You also have the right to complain to the State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia (www.ldi.nrw.de) about the processing of your personal data by us. The address is:
Land Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information of North Rhine-Westphalia
Postcode: 40213 Düsseldorf
In the course of the further development of the website, changes to this data protection declaration may also become necessary. We therefore recommend that you read the data protection declaration again from time to time.
General information on the subject of data protection can be found on the website of the State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information of North Rhine-Westphalia: www.ldi.nrw.de
We would like to point out that operators of third-party websites linked to from the portal may collect and evaluate the data of visitors to these websites.
Personal data is collected when you use our information service. This is necessary for technical reasons in order to guarantee you all the functionalities of our website and the security of our offer (legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. e GDPR).
The Ministry's website is hosted by IT.NRW.
Landesbetrieb Information und Technik Nordrhein-Westfalen (IT.NRW)
Telephone: 0211 9449-01
Telefax: 0211 9449-8000
Every time the content of the website is accessed, data is temporarily stored there via so-called protocol or log files, which may allow identification. The following data is collected each time the website is accessed:
- Date and time of access
- Name of the Internet service accessed, the resource accessed and the action used
- Query made by the client
- Amount of data transferred
- Notification of whether the access was successful
- IP address of the accessing computer
- Client information (including browser, operating system)
This data from the log files is used to prevent and analyze attacks on the portal and is stored for up to 72 hours directly and only accessible to administrators. After that, they are only available indirectly via the reconstruction of backup tapes and are permanently deleted after six weeks.
In connection with applications, inquiries, submissions, correspondence or other matters, the Ministry for Children, Youth, Family, Equality, Refugees and Integration of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia collects and processes your personal data from you or from authorized third parties.
Please note the following information in accordance with Articles 13 and 14 of the General Data Protection Regulation - Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (GDPR).
Purposes and legal bases of data processing
In the context of processing the application, request, submission, correspondence or other matter, your personal data will be collected in the relevant organizational unit and processed for this purpose. The legal basis for data processing is Article 6(1)(e) GDPR in conjunction with Section 3(1) of the Data Protection Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (DSG NRW).
Recipients or categories of recipients of personal data
Your data may be passed on to recipients outside the responsible organizational unit to the extent necessary in order to process the matter further. Recipients of your data may be: other organizational units of the Ministry, other authorities of the state of North Rhine-Westphalia including the district governments, competent federal, state or local authorities as well as institutions and other organizations.
Data collection from third parties
If necessary, the responsible organizational unit will receive your personal data from the recipients, insofar as this is permitted under data protection law, so that the process can be processed. The relevant data may originate from all areas of life and concern any category, including special categories of personal data in accordance with Article 9(1) GDPR.
Duration of storage of personal data
The data will be deleted as soon as it is no longer required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. Insofar as statutory retention obligations exist for certain processes, the personal data concerned will be stored for the duration of the retention obligation. After the retention obligation has expired, the data will be offered to the state archives for archiving. The data will not be deleted if the process is worthy of archiving in accordance with the North Rhine-Westphalia Archive Act. In this case, the data will be stored permanently. If the data is not transferred, it will be deleted.
(1) In our free newsletter, we inform you regularly about news from Familienportal.NRW. You can subscribe to the newsletter here on our website.
(2) If you would like to receive our newsletter, we need an email address from you. We therefore request your e-mail address as mandatory information when you register for the newsletter on our website. All other information (e.g. title and name) is voluntary. They are used to personalize the newsletter and to prepare the content for specific target groups.
(3) We use the so-called double opt-in procedure to ensure that the newsletter is sent on the basis of consent. As part of this process, you are added to our mailing list as a potential recipient. You will then receive a confirmation e-mail to confirm your registration in a legally secure manner. Your email address will only be actively added to the mailing list if you confirm.
(4) We process your data with your consent in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR exclusively for sending the newsletter and for evaluating statistical usage data. This includes opening, delivery and/or click rates. The statistical analysis is used to identify the main areas of interest of the target group and to optimize the content of the newsletter accordingly. The software used is "SendinBlue". We remain responsible for data processing. Sendinblue GmbH is prohibited from selling your data and using it for purposes other than sending our newsletter. Sendinblue GmbH is a German, certified provider that has been selected in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation and the Federal Data Protection Act. Further information about the provider can be found here.
(5) You can revoke your consent to the processing of your data at any time with effect for the future, for example via the "Unsubscribe" link in every newsletter or here. After canceling the newsletter, the data will be deleted after 60 days at the latest. The withdrawal of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
The website uses so-called "cookies". Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer and saved by your browser. They are used to make our website more user-friendly and effective for you (legal basis for essential cookies: Art. 6 para. 1 lit. e GDPR in conjunction with Art. 3 DSG NRW; legal basis for strictly necessary cookies: Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR in conjunction with Art. 3 DSG NRW). § 3 DSG NRW; legal basis for cookies for usage statistics: Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) GDPR.
The open source tool Matomo is used for the statistical analysis of the use of the family portal. Matomo is hosted by the state enterprise IT.NRW.
Matomo is used to collect statistical data, such as website visits. However, personal data is not collected.